I was always a chocolate person, but as I have gotten older, I am really getting to appreciate buttery/caramelly things. Not sure that this “appreciation” is really so good for my figure, but if you eat it with apples, it’s not so bad, right?
Here is my favorite recipe for caramel apple dip. It is pretty much fool-proof. The only thing to watch is to make sure you cook it enough that the sugar dissolves completely. Otherwise your dip will be a little bit grainy. Not the end of the world, but not exactly desirable.
Caramel Apple Dip
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and condensed milk in saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Serve with sliced apples.
Store it in the refrigerator. For reheating, I scoop out as much as I am going to eat for that sitting and microwave it for a few seconds to soften it up.