In all my crafting endeavors, my favorite projects are those that involve paper. I guess I love how many beautiful papers there are out there, and I love how affordable they are. I also love how you can do SO MUCH with just a simple piece of paper!
Today’s post is a simple way to wrap a mini loaf of bread. (For a full-size loaf box tutorial, click here) My mini loaf pan is a silicone one by Wilton – the loaves always come out a little misshapen because the silicone is too flexible and allows the bread to bulge out as it bakes, but the bread always comes out easily and I find it is so convenient to clean that it is still my go-to when I want to bake mini loaves.
Here are the steps:
1. Cut a 12 x 12 piece of scrapbook paper down to 12 x 8 1/2″ (save the smaller piece for something else)
2. Score (aka fold) the paper at 4 3/4″ and 7 1/4″.
3. Rotate and score again at 2″ and 6 1/2″.
4. These score lines may need to be modified to the size of your mini loaf. Basically, you want your loaf to fit in the center rectangle.
5. Now fold the sides around the loaf, like the pictures below.
Here is a side view of how you want it to look.
6. Now just pinch the top and you are done!
7. There are lots of ways that you can keep the top pinched closed. You can simply use a clothes pin – which is handy if you want to write a little message.
Or you can punch holes through the layers and string a ribbon or yarn through it to tie it closed.
Anyway you look at it, it is a really cute (and easy) way to wrap up a little treat for a friend!